Saturday 21 March 2015

Pitch black walking!

Pure adrenalin rush got me back up the hill last night - and a couple of glasses of good red wine! I'd driven to Milton Abbas, checked in at my B&B and strolled very leisurely down the hill to the pub. It's had been a glorious sunny day so it was still warm which made the walk really enjoyable.

Of course,,when I came to leave the temperature had plummeted so it was freezing cold! It was also pitch black so armed with my phone torch, which gave just enough light for me to see my feet, I started trudging up the hill.
All I can say is, it's a good job there wasn't much light! Otherwise, the sight of that perishing hill stretching out before me would have sent me straight back to the pub & my half open bottle of red.
But I rarely give up on anything so despite having a couple of pitstops, I made it up the hill & back to my B&B without incident, yeah!

No comments: