Sunday 3 December 2006

Capturing the emotions...


Scrapping for me is about being creative. It's about passion and memories. When I create a new page, I want the finished layout to capture something that is very special to me. By layering the papers and photographs with the care that I take over all my layouts, I hope to seal in the emotions that I feel for that moment in time, that special person, a place or, in this case, my favorite shoes! I was so inspired by these amazing Nine West five and half inch heels, that I just had to scrap them.

I've used my favourite Basic Grey papers (naturally!). I've cut, layered and posterized the images to add depth. I wanted my layouts to convey that feeling of sexiness and the heavily textured ribbon, the key, the tags all add to the story of these FMS! I love the randomly stamped doodling and I've given the whole double layout an opulent feel by painting over the flowers, patterns and doodles with one of my favourite Ranger products, glorious Glossy Accents! The secret to this great layout is to get as good a buzz from looking at these pages as I do when I'm wearing these shoes. For me, it's perfect!

No comments: