Thursday 3 May 2007

Jumping jazz and jeezecake!



Some days don't you just look back and think you must be dreaming... ?

Life is full of surprises and I just found another reason to smile. The final evening Cheltenham race meeting was brilliant. Not that I saw too much of the racing from the champagne bar! Me & Shep could be found celebrating everything good about the day with a bottle and half of bubbly! Don't you wish you could spot a winner just by looking? Horses are like men. Full of mystery and hidden depths...





The jazz to finish was just so cool. The infamous Ray Gelato, who opened for Robbie at London's Royal Albert Hall, was a top performer. We could have sat there all night.. well, until 10pm anyway. Best highlight were the two choices of sweet at the Kandinsky Hotel restaurant - a delicious cheesecake and a plate of bread! Cheesecake to share (mmm...) and bread for me to catch the fishbone that had lodged in my throat! It's the seabasses fault... I'm certain I saw it wink at me when the waitress brought it to the table... though I'd have to say it was really yummy so guess who had the last laugh.. ME!



Quote of the day has to be "The best things come to those who wait!" and you don't have to be the first past the post to be a winner... x

No comments: