Thursday 8 May 2008

happy feet... x

Oh it's just like summertime! I have treated myself to a pair of flip flops. I haven't had a pair for years but Liz said which ones to choose and okay, I haven't mastered the art of driving them yet, but I hope I will. From bobby blue boots (that I'd have to say I have a love/hate relationship with), to pretty, jeweled flip flops in a flash, all with the help of my flexible friend. My pretty feet have walked those streets of London and discovered that they are not paved with gold. In fact, there are plenty of ways to spend your gold in London and I've succumbed to some of them. But, it was definately time to come home today and as expected, the trains were fashionably late with a half hour delay leaving Paddington. But it didn't matter because I was chilling out, reading my book, having a cup of tea and a muffin bought whilst standing beside the next prime minister! How cool is that?! David rocks!
You know when you have one of those moments when you recognise someone but are not quite sure why? Out of context then even DC looked like a normal guy waiting for a train. He walked right past me at Paddington station and you know, he's a lot slimmer and fitter than I imagined him to be. That's widescreen tv for you! Thankfully, I didn't embarrass myself by telling him, though it did cross my mind! It's hard for my friends to believe (yes, admit it!) but sometimes I do have the wearwithall to keep my mouth firmly shut! He doesn't look all of his 42 years either, but if he's going to tuck into Milly's cookies he's going to have to watch his waistline! Not something most politicians seem to worry about! There were a few other commuters with cameras at the ready when they realised who it was, but I was the closest and the first and didn't miss the opportunity to stand beside him and buy my blueberry muffin! Another first - thanx DC! x

No comments: