Thursday 7 May 2009

Beautiful Porto!

I'm just grabbing a couple of minutes before Patricia arrives to take us to the workshops. I'm having a lovely time here in Porto - i´t's certainly a place I'd love to return to for a short break. My room is on 19th floor of a very nice hotel so I wake up to the most beautiful view over the city. The red roofs that you associate with the Mediterranian, the meandering river splitting the two halves of the city and some fabulous architecture. Yesterday was a prep day plus we had a lovely lunch then a trip to the Croft Port Cellar. I then went shopping! Well, it has to be done, doesn't it. I managed to spend two hours in a lovely underwear shop with a lovely French assistant and we managed to converse in both English and French. She has a similar passion about art so we discussed the Louvre, the Mona Lisa and Rodin. It was wonderful. And, I managed to spend some euros - fantastic!
Today is workshop day so I'll be demonstrating card making. I'm really looking forward to a bit of crafting and meeting some Portuguese crafters. Best go because my taxi is arriving in 2 minutes and the clock here on this machine is counting down.. x

No comments: