Friday 1 May 2009

Hello from Hungary!

Im here in Hungary sitting listening to a language that I don't understand. I arrived safely, my suitcase hasn't! What a pain that is. I had such a great flight and everything was going so well.. I just knew when they booked my in with the wrong boarding card that something was going to go wrong. They assured me that they had cancelled the booking. The girl was lovely and said they had changed the coding on my suitcase. I guess they just decided to leave it behind until someone claimed it, so I've been here since yesterday with my handbag and 1 extra pair of clean pants - that's it!
It's Erzike's wedding tomorrow so I'm hoping that my case will turn up. It contains my new pink dress, my new pink shoes and everything I wanted for my trip. Andris has been in touch with the airline and they have assured him that my case is in Budapest. They say the courier will bring it tomorrow and he has said I really, really need my clothes because I've come for a wedding.
Today, we've had a lovely day doing very little. I've sat in the garden with mom and just mosied about whilst people have been arriving with... cake! Lots of cake.. I've never seen so many small cakes and flowers. The garage was overflowing the bunches of lilac. Everyone here is so kind. Andris has picked us up from the airport and he has been handling my baggage dilemmas. It's a great place to relax because I can't work, I can't drive so I have to sit and ponder.
I have grown quite fond of my things, who wouldn't?! I am hoping that luck will be on my side tomorrow and I will have my lovely things back. If I do, I will be starting a new trend in 'creased' clothes and when I get back to the airport, I'll be very reluctant to part with my suitcase all over again! Oh that's going to be fun.. hey ho x

No comments: