Wednesday 29 April 2009

Why do we like new things?

I've been pondering this thought...? What do you like that's new? I know that I like opening a new box of crackers because they are always crisp, and crackers always taste better when they’re fresh. The staler they are the more bendier they get; then they taste like cardboard. That's the voice of experience! I like buying a new dress because it makes me feel good. Old favourites will always have a place in my wardrobe. That warm, familiar feeling keeps coming back every time I wear them. A new dress certainly needs to evoke that feeling to be invited to join my old favourites collection. I like buying a new book. I enjoy taking one from the bottom of the pile so it's never been opened. It’s got that ‘oooh aaah’ feeling. Sometimes though, old is better. There is nothing more comfortable than a worn pair of shoes. You know, the ones that mold to your feet. New ones always need wearing in and that can be soooooo painful sometimes. I love old photographs; you know the ones where you have a good laugh at all the fashion foh pahs and silly hair do's. I love black and white photographs of people I recognise from the past. Those photographs don't lie like the ones these days! I like new socks, old postcards, new babies, old friends, new adventures, old habits, and I like my balsamic vinegar to be vintage; just like my wine! x

No comments: