Thursday 23 April 2009

I wish I was a bat and not a sponge..

But life isn't that simple. If I were a bat I'd be hard and horrid and anyone who knows me knows that I could never be like that. So I'm destined for life as a sponge. Sometimes though, I have a batting season. It's rare but just occasionally people bring out the bat in me. I soak up the nonsense for days and weeks until one day, out comes the bat. That's when they get a surprise. I'm never horrid. I'm always nice. But on odd occasions, I get tired of being Little Miss Nice. When people are horrid, demanding or rude I'm usually polite, nice and reasonable. I have to be, I wish to be and I know it's the best way to be but sometimes, just sometimes I wish that I wasn't. Being a sponge means you soak up the stories, the excuses, the lies and the nonsense. Most of the time it's okay but a sponge can only hold so much before it's time for a big squeeze. That's the time when you need a hug. Not just any hug but one that makes you feel loved x

No comments: