Saturday 4 April 2009

A tour of the BB's...


I'm a real foodie so give me the chance to have lunch somewhere special and I'll jump at it. The new Brasserie Blanc in Bristol was the old Quaker hall which has been lovingly restored to create a stunningly beautiful restaurant. It's lovely to get a table up on the balcony so you can look down over the other diners and across to the glass staircase that spans the back of the hall. Whoever had the great idea of mixing books with wine was a genius. They fit so perfectly together like cheese does with crackers, and as well as being asthetically pleasing, jolly useful too! Lunch was as tasty as the surroundings with the waiter keen to enjoy the rally of banter that was pinging backwards and forwards. My cheese and spinach pancakes were as delicious as I remember and although I didn't stay for desert, working so close then there's always the promise of one sometime in the future - that will do for me x

No comments: