Wednesday 1 April 2009

A new mini adventure buddy..

It was a lovely day for it! Mr RAC, C being for Carl, popped around today to replace my cracked windscreen. I must have chipped it when I drove to Devon last week. "Is it larger than a £2 coin?"... "It's larger than a £10 note!" so that only meant one thing - a new windscreen. RACarl just happens to have a liking for minis ;-) So does his dad apparently - thanks Carl! He showed me a neat trick that the guys in the mini garage hadn't shown me! Next time I want to get my case into the boot, instead of squeezing it onto the back seat, I can actually make the boot larger myself - what a neat trick. To be quite honest, I think he wanted to show me more tricks, but as he was under 30 and... Oh well... I wonder if it's standard procedure for the RAC man to text you after doing a job on your car?! Bearing in mind that he also knows where I live! We were discussing the virtues of having a wind deflector and secretly I think he was pretty impressed that I didn't! In a former life, I wouldn't have even had the window open. Yet now, there's nothing I like better than having my top off! So, I have a bid on ebay - okay I don't but a mate of mine has for me - and RACarl has sent me two other links to deflectors, which is fab! And looking on the bright side, he says he'll come around with a bucket and sponge if it rains.. and I don't imagine for a minute he's talking about washing my car!! x who'd be a girl.. ;-)

No comments: