Wednesday 17 November 2010

My trip to Rowan Mills

I loved my trip to Rowan Mill in Holmfirth. It was a dreadful, wet drive 'up north' but there was a lovely warm welcome waiting for me when I got there. I got a chance to look at their lovely fabrics and a quick wander around their workshop area. I think everyone should cover their furniture with knitted fabrics just for a laugh - even the telephone got the knitted treatment, ha ha! I came away with lots of ideas, encouragement and a box of knitty goodies!
I couldn't resist stopping on the way home to take a shot of this reservoir. As you can see, I didn't even get out of the car, the weather was so bad! Gloucestershire lakes tend to be quite well hidden whereas this reservoir stretched as far as the eye could see and looked very dramatic. It wasn't the first stretch of water I passed, just the first opportunity I got to stop for a photo. Yorkshire a lovely part of the world, the scenery here is open and raw, so much drama for a Wednesday and lovely even in the pouring rain!

No comments: