Monday 13 June 2011

Tales of the unexpected... puncture...!

I'm used to little dilemmas but car dramas really freak me out. I'd driven all the way from Derbyshire at the weekend without a hiccup so when I heard an alarm 'dong' on Monday driving to work, it got my heart racing. The alarm was followed by of those weird warning lights on the dash, so I knew that "Lady Ga Ga" (new name!) was in trouble. Dilemma... do I stop on the hard shoulder or keep going into work? To be honest, the car wasn't performing any differently. I know what a puncture feels like and the handling hadn't changed so I decided to keep my eye on the performance and get into the office. It didn't take long and as soon as I was parked up, I could see the tyre was deflated. The guy from BMW, who came to my rescue, poked the piece of blade, something similar to a stanley knife, out of the tyre. There was no point trying to fix it and I don't like mending punctured tyres. It was time to buy a new one. I was reminded more than once that I had a pressure can to mend punctures in my car - and?! Can you see me trying to mend a puncture on the side of the road? No! I have mini rescue and that's all I need. Lady Ga Ga now has a new Pirelli, mmm :) that was £98 I hadn't expected to spend today, humph!

No comments: