Tuesday 29 May 2012

Lovely dinner at the Mount Inn, Stanton

Tuesday night, I met my lovely, and old friend Kevin for dinner at this hidden gem, the Mount Inn at Stanton. The sun shone well into the evening, the food was delicious and as always, the company was just great! Perched high at the top end of this most beautiful Cotswold village, this pub seems to have completely passed me by. I used to stay in Stanton in my former life and yet have never been to this pub for a drink, let alone a meal. It was particularly lovely because of the weather which meant you could see for miles across the beautiful countryside. I always feel our evenings are very special. Of all the relationships I've had, this one has stood the test of time and I hope it alway will. We have a laugh, catch up on what's been happening in our lives, put the world to rights and say goodnight. My evenings don't get better than that!

No comments: