Sunday 18 November 2012

Trees, trees, trees & me...

Blue sky is good for the soul, particularly my soul!

Plenty of autumn colours still makes this the best walk for me.
Dazzling sunshine piercing the haze it a welcome change from the drippy, dull, mist that was Friday's walk.


I love these massive trunks which stretch up into the blue sky. I am left imagining what kind of life they've seen over the years of growing to be this tall.



Ha ha, I was so busy taking pics of me that of course, I didn't spot the guy cycling up the hill behind me. Imagine my surprise as I spun around just in time to see him wizz straight past me! 'Ooops sorry' seemed to amuse him as he wobbled slightly, straightened up and kept on riding by.. :) I know I'm a muppet!!

I never imagined when I bought my San Fran sweatshirt from California a few years ago, that it would be such a great walking companion. I need my hood up to keep my ears warm and stop those drippy trees chilling me out! I'm currently listening to a new audio book, 'The Sentinel' by Mark Oldfield. It's 21 hours long and is the first of a Trilogy, 'Vengeance of Memory', so there's plenty more walking hours to enjoy with this crime author - hurrah!

No comments: