Saturday 23 June 2007

My life is a fantasy...

Where else would you expect to see me with an iron in my hand and a smile on my face?! I love being creative and although I was masquerading as a visitor/photographer/journalist, it wasn't long before I was invited to join the class. There's something quite surreal about sitting crafting with an iron in my hand. A conflict of tasks I call it. Am I doing housework, or crafting... mmm... I think the room full of lively, enthusiastic women made me realise, it's therapy! My fantasy butterflies are suitably uncreased, having been stamped, layered and pressed with a very small encaustic art iron. I wasn't without a bit of help either. I ironed whilst Michele, from C&C, cut up my treasured little butterflies so I could decorate them with tiny gems. Perfect for cards, they would also make brilliant decorations for a handbag or a key charm. Thank you Audrey!

No comments: