Wednesday 19 November 2008

Saturday night is cocktail night.. !

And the best cocktail has to be a lemon drop martini! All the way from Vegas and mixed to perfection by my own fair hand, my contribution to this evening was a small glass of this quite sharp, tart concoction. Why? Because we're just practicing for our Christmas cocktail party in December. The evening would see us sampling 9 cocktails in total and voting for our favourites. In that way, we could make sure we got exactly the right mix of shaken and stirred for the real thing. Here is my friend Dom & J making their Mahito, which is another one of my favourite cocktails. Lisa did us all proud by serving up a yummy homemade curry followed by delicious Eton Mess. I have to say that I missed the last cocktail due to having gone to bed early! Note to self > don't lift heavy furniture on your own because you're likely to hurt your back, doh! So, I missed the verdict. At the end of the evening, the votes were added up and guess what, my favourite cocktail is also everyone else's favourite! It came top, along with the Mahito... ha ha.

No comments: