Sunday 11 September 2011

Strictly Jive...

Best bit about this weekend was the start of Strictly! It was more like a preamble to the start, which will begin in 3 weeks time, but it was still worth watching, twice! Strictly always makes me think of the lovely MGC, and our marvellous evenings watching the dancing inbetween playing with paper and glue. So today I played with paper and glue too, which made me feel a whole load better. Ginger would be proud of me, though she doesn't know it yet. I have been talking and thinking of going to dance classes for a long time. More than a century in fact. And I planned to go last week after work. I thought of loads of excuses as the hour got closer and even tried staying late at work to avoid having to turn up. I drove home convinced that I'd be too late but I wasn't. In fact, I drove onto the car park with about 5 minutes to spare. I had thought about sitting on the car park to see who might be going too but after giving myself a good talking to, I went inside. Not one that's usually shy of meeting new people, I soon got into the swing of things and I'm now enrolled on the jive class - and they're expecting me again next week, woo hoo! I'm hoping that as the weeks go by I'll become more accomplished at jive and then I'll be able to pick up some tips from the professionals on Saturday night - ha ha!

No comments: