Sunday 17 June 2012

A lovely Borth weekend!

Today was definitely Sunny Sunday! From the blustery, wet day that was Saturday, we woke up to sunshine, blue skies and a long walk around the dunes at Ynyslas. It's been over a year since I was in Borth and I surprised myself by how much I enjoyed it. Though Borth was never about the place. It was always about the people. I've had a great weekend with my little brother and my Mom. When we were kids, we used to share all the jobs like washing up, wiping up, cooking etc. One of us would make a rota! It appears that my little brother's name was against every job this weekend ;) he cooked for us, washed up, wiped up and although I felt quite lazy, I loved it!

 Greg never goes anywhere without Pop and Pud + Lazy Daisy, who I've renamed Dave! Ok, I misheard once and the new name has stuck.
 It was lovely to be beside the seaside. There's something compelling about watching the waves crash onto the beach and even though the weather wasn't brilliant this weekend, today was still a perfect day.
We walked the plank, chatted about old times and raised a 'magnum' ice lolly to Father, Dear Father on his Father's Day. We all know how much we miss him and I for one, was glad to be with my lovely family today :) x

No comments: