Sunday 1 February 2015

My super silversmith journey..


Carefully positioned within the vice, protected within a small piece of leather. Starting with a very small drill at first then increasing the drill bit until the hole is large enough to be threaded onto the bracelet.


It's looking rather rough, wouldn't you say?! Just a little bit of filing and my wonderful silver bead is ready for more polishing. I am the polishing fairy! It's never a chore.. for some reason, I find it very therapeutic. The joy of getting a beautiful even finish is worth all the hours of filing.


Here is my finished satin finished silver bead charm. Most people, I know because I've tried this, say 'That's nice', and that's okay, really it is. Only I know how much time and effort it has taken me to get from a flat sheet of silver to a perfectly round silver bead. I'm happy that only I know because it becomes my little secret, It makes my fabulous silver bead mean even more to me. I couldn't do any of this without the help, guidance, kindness of two wonderful people that are Flux 'n Flame. I feel so lucky to have happened upon them.

No comments: