Thursday 27 December 2007

It's a wonderful life...

Fi, Rob & Ellie came today... it was just so lovely to see them. Fi, Rob and me went to the Britannia for lunch. Rob brought crackers, Fi bought me some fabulous bowls and chop sticks and we planned 'time out' for 2008.. woo hoo! Great friends are such a precious gift. Fi & me have been friends for over 30 years. We first met on a pavement in Dudley and spent the next two years living in an attic room on Lingfield Road. We decorated every spare inch of that room with posters and here we are today and nothing much has changed. We still feel 19, we're even better friends but the challenges have got much greater. We're now trying to decorate the entire world with bits of paper and take photographs along the way so that we can remind ourselves where we've been! We've come a long way since those days in Dudley, some of us have travelled to more continents than others (I'm not bitter, honest!) being great friends is what really matters.

This holiday has been as wonderful as the friends and family I have around me, they all mean the world to me.

No comments: