Monday 31 December 2007

Rising to the occasion...

36 little cup cakes later and thankfully there were enough early risers to butter up with lemon curd and take downstairs to the party! Naomi came for the day and we had a fab time. We went to Sainsbury's searching for ingredients and bun tins. The search continued in Nailsworth where we found a measuring jug too.. oh, how sad my life is that I'm excited about buying a new measuring jug! Had lunch at Hobbs and wandered round town before coming back to bake cup cakes. Thank goodness little missy N was awake and noticed I hadn't added any baking powder! I thought fairy cakes just rose on their own.. who invented plain flour anyway... it's useless for making cakes!±@ Hey ho & anyway, the afternoon was delightful, we watched Devil Wears Prada dvd, Tash arrived & we had mum's christmas cake, and I made more cup cakes.. & this time remembered to add that all important ingredient... baking powder... he he... where would a girl be without baking powder hey?!

I saw the New Year in with my lovely neighbours... the mad, the bad and the certifiable... we ate, drank fizzy, formed a penny whistle band and sprinkled star dust on more neighbours at midnight with a few well chosen and very long sparklers! As befits the occasion and as always seems to happen on these occasions... they all tripped round my place for a guided tour just before midnight... they loved it.. but not half as much as I do! x

No comments: