Wednesday 17 March 2010

How to write for the web...

That's my learning experience for today. What's yours? I love learning something new. Preferably something I want to learn too. I have an ongoing fascination with the web so today's workshop will hopefully feed my appetite for better blog writing. I don't have the dilemma that our company sites have because I'm not necessarily interested in generating thousands of new visitors. I'm not a blog diva! However, finding how pages get listed on the first page by googlebot robot is interesting. Having a web page is like playing a virtual game with the biggest & most advanced piece of 21st century technology ever! Algarhythms is how the big google computer lists & stores web pages. The listings aren't manmade, they are very cleverly compiled using googles secret source of Californian Algarythms. It's a wonder! Buzz words aren't always what we might expect because rules for print don't always apply to online writing. Google relies on relevance. Optimizing any site is the key to getting a higher listing & appearing on the first page. One coffee & a kitkat later & my head is buzzing :)

No comments: