Monday 22 March 2010

I dreamed a fish...

Not that I was a fish... I spent the day wondering what I wanted to eat and then it came to me. I was flicking through Good Food on my desk and came across a picture of a stuffed fish. Magazines are such a great source of inspiration! Immediately, I knew I wanted to cook a stuffed fish for dinner tonight. Of course, by the time I got to the supermarket after work the choice of whole fish was limited to a trout, 3 herrings and a headless mackerel. I think it was the bubble-like eyed trout staring at me that made me pick up the trout fillets! I flashed forward to the bit where there's only bones, a head and a tail left and knew I'd made the right choice!
Being a Domestic Goddess Extraordinaire means I prefer to work with just inspiration and instinct - no recipe required. As I looked up the difference between intuition and instinct this morning, I can tell you that one is experience from birth and one is learnt over centuries of other people's experiences - hence the first is governed by our emotions and the second being the higher form of knowledge, coming from intellect. Hey.. !! back to the fish ;) old trout face took a smidgen to cook, tasted delicious and although I had intended to only eat some, it was so delicious it would have been rude to leave a single flake. I am now a bonafide fish stuffing, string tying, trout-loving girly x

No comments: