Wednesday 17 March 2010

Peas and oranges...

Not both at the same time! Homemade soup.. what more can I say..? Mom made pea soup for my tea tonight, it was just like home from home. Then myself, Mom and Marie went off to my old high school - not the buggie Bilston one but the nice friendly Codsall one - so we could be entertained by Nell Gwynn, Mistress to King Charles II of England. Lesley Smith, Curator of Tutbury Castle and Elizabethan Historian, was absolutely amazing as the alluring, cheeky Nell. She outwitted us with her cheeky humour, dazzled us with her sparkly eyes and engaged us with stories of Nell's relationship with the King of England. I bought mom a lovely basket of small grape hyacinths, now she's back from her weekend away, that me & Nick bought from the Highgrove store in Tetbury on Sunday afternoon. Nothing like their grown-up family members, these delicate blooms don't give you a headache with their pungent aroma, they are far more gentle and sweet.

No comments: