Saturday 18 December 2010

Mulled wine and cosy slippers


I love the snow which makes today my favourite day of the holiday! I have a glass of warm mulled wine and my laptop, some cosy slippers and am looking forward to watching the final of Strictly Come Dancing with my lovely friend, Lisa - hey, life is great! I drove over yesterday to help Lisa decorate her Xmas tree and put up her lovely lights and garlands. Last night we went to Sue's for some nibbles and Karaoke and today, I'm still in Chelts and I'm as happy as a little songbird.


Snow has been falling all day and everywhere looks so clean and bright. It's definitely not a day to travel! Luckily I'm holed up here and we have food and wine and we're within walking distance of town so we're not going to go short of anything! Lisa's had to call off her soire this evening but hey ho.. I'm here so we'll just have to eat all the yummy food ourselves!


M&S mulled wine is our favourite tipple of the day. It's light, fruity and very schwoffable.. !


Hey, Lisa's giving toilet rolls as gifts this year ha ha :) and it's official.. I'm a champion present wrapper! Lisa managed to buy the most awkward gifts this year so I got the unenviable job of wrapping them all yesterday afternoon. I stuffed them full of marshmallows before wrapping them in Xmas paper and NO - they're not really toilet rolls!


Yesterday we dined on fish platter and finished off with some yummy Christmas pudding. The best festive dessert wouldn't be the same without a big dollop (and I make no excuses for using the word - dollop!) of Bailey's Irish thick cream. I think I'm going to explode... !






No comments: