Saturday 18 December 2010

Once upon a time...


There was a dress and it belonged to a lovely lady called Kay. One day, the lovely Ginger was away on a crafting weekend and got chatting to the lovely Kay.

"I love your dress" Ginger said.. so can you guess what happened next.. ? "Try it on" Kay said.. "It looks so lovely on you, why don't you keep it?"... "No, I couldn't" Ginger said but after a couple of drinks and in true Ginger style she succumbed and 'the dress' went home with Ginger Claire.

Last weekend when Ginger came to see me she was wearing 'the dress' and with no prompting (because at this point I hadn't heard the story) I said "I love your dress".. so can you guess what happened next..?

I tried on 'the dress' and yes, it fitted me so well that Ginger said "You have to keep it..  let's play the "Wear it - pass it on game!" I'll leave it with you on one condition.. as long as you take it on lots of adventures! So Ginger left 'the dress' with me.

On Tuesday I took 'the dress' to see the Sound of Music in Oxford with Lisa.. yippee! I took it to a lovely pub for lunch, for a wander around Oxford before we watched the performance, which was fab btw. This lovely dress has already been to Toulouse dancing with Ginger and she's worn it to my place and now it's been to a musical with me!

I've really enjoyed wearing the dress and as Ginger knows only too well, I'm not very good at giving things away, even if they weren't mine in the first place! So today, I wandered into town in the snow and have been and bought a dress twin so Ginger and me can have double the fun.

As long as the weather improves and I don't forget, I fully intend to return 'the dress' to Ginger Claire so that she can take it skiiing and then I'll still have one of my own to take on lots more adventures!

The end :)

ps the dress doesn't really make me look like a walrus.. it's lovely!

No comments: