Sunday 26 July 2009

I'm having insignifcant dilemmas

Anna's Newcastle diary... After a wonderful night's sleep I'm pondering which gallery to visit first, whether to have breakfast here or whether to paint one of my rooms this colour - quelle conumdrumo!?! Being away from home is like having a massive shot of adrenalin. There's no agenda, no deadlines, just free falling, mind enlightening pleasure! I love going away because I love returning home ;-) Just as I love working, when I can easily get time off. I do need to recharge my batteries, particularly at the moment when work is so manic. At times, I need to do this alone where I have no one to please but myself.

I've just come down to breakfast and am listening to Ave Maria, sitting on my own with my fresh fruit salad, my fresh orange juice and the sun is streaming through the window. Although the chair opposite me is empty, i know that in a funny way, I wouldn't notice how sunny the day is, or any of the tiny details, if I had a distraction. Example being the couple behind me who have by design, or just by fault, built up a wall of newspapers between them. Neither of them can see the other. They are not talking, there's no eye contact - maybe that's how people who are together 24/7 decide to behave so they can get their own 'me time'.. I don't have the luxury of knowing the answer to that one!

No comments: