Tuesday 28 July 2009

Mamma Mia!

I'm having big Mamma Mia moments this year and tonight was yet another one! A group of us girls went to the open air Bacon theatre in Cheltenham to watch Mamma Mia Tuesday evening. The skies were a bit grey but the rain held off and it was a fabulous night. We took fold out chairs, Lisa took Pimms and popcorn and we watched this great movie on the big screen under the stars. Well, I'm sure the stars were there somewhere above the clouds. There's something very lovely about this film. It has a great feel-good factor about it and you can't help singing along to the brilliant lyrics. Julie Walters is my all time favourite, with Meryl Streep doing a brilliant job of the lead role of Donna. Her three suitors, one of which is Pierce Brosnan, managed to sound much more in tune with his lyrics this time, which made the film even more enjoyable. Yes I know, it's a film so the tuning was the same as first time but somehow, strangely better. Maybe it's because my expectations were different and there were little things I'd missed first time around which just added so much this time around - as you can tell, I loved it! Pierce or Colin Firth... now, that would be a tough choice!

No comments: