Thursday 20 August 2009

13A

Have you ever thought how great it would be to have talking appliances? We have a talking lift at work and, although that's annoying, the idea of talking appliances could be so useful for lots of practical reasons. If my car would say 'I need a service' rather than flashing up 'minus 60' for two seconds when I switch it on, it would be so much more useful. Today I switched my kettle on - nothing. Last night it was ok, this morning it's not. If, when I went to switched it on, it had said 'I need a fuse' I would know exactly what to do. Instead, I have to turn off my girly head, think like a boy (not easy!) and through a process of elimination, start to work out what's wrong. Faced with something that worked one minute but not the next is always baffling to me. I know boys like those kind of challenges but I don't. So here's to talking appliances - but just for girls!

No comments: