Tuesday 25 August 2009

Meringue envy...



The good news is - the light fitting is still on the ceiling! The bad news is that I mistakenly declined the offer of pavlova! It wasn't just any pavlova but a beautifully shaped homemade meringue with berries and a big dollop of cream on top. Believe me, I had meringue envy just seeing it arrive at the table next to us.To be honest, they had what I would have done if I hadn't been so stuffed from the night before! They had roast beef with the biggest yorkshires I'd ever seen and I had liver. They had what looked like a delicious bottle of rich red wine and I had water, tap at that. Then to add insult to injury they had dessert and cheese and I had peppermint tea. I must go back sometime when I'm really hungry and take someone to share a bottle of wine with. Meanwhile, someone enjoyed her baked alaska after a gentle walk along the river in Bourton.

No comments: