Friday 21 August 2009

Shake, splinter and 'hole'... !

You know that feeling you get when you realise you've been a total idiot? When you wish you could turn the clock back but you can't and even if you close your eyes and open them again, the problem hasn't gone away! I'd had a great day until I decided to change the spare bed. Oh yes, one minute I'm shaking the freshly laundered quilt and the next minute, I'm standing in a shower of glass. My supa-doopa light fitting is dangling limply from the ceiling with just two shades intact instead of three. I was still holding onto the corners of the quilt and hoping it was just a bad dream. But two minutes later, I'm still standing there and nothing has changed. It's not easy to see glass splinters when your quilt is decorated with tiny sequins! And the taxi driver waiting outside must have thought I was bonkers standing on the wall outside shaking a quilt. I've dysonned my shag-pile to within an inch of its wooly life, removed every bit of glass and replaced all the bed linen so there's just the one problem. The light fitting is still dangling from the ceiling in a very sad way. Then I remember.. I am a top crafter and suddenly I feel a brainwave coming on! Heath Robinson eat your heart out.. ! Three pieces of double-sided sticky foam later, some clear gunge and a few dabs of superglue and it's adhered itself to the ceiling again! I'm hoping it's going to stay there because if not, my daughter's boyfriend's mother, who arrives tomorrow morning all the way from the US of A may well be seeing stars, not sleeping under them!

No comments: