Sunday 20 September 2009

Did you know..?

That Hendrick's is a better gin than Bombay Sapphire? Golly, no! I do now, as my tastebuds were well and truly ticked this afternoon at the Old Lodge. Myself and Lisa had popped up to this wondrous establishment for a late Sunday lunch and a little tipple. We were welcomed with a new menu of drinks especially for Summertime and although my first choice of Chelsea Rose wasn't available, I plumped for the Hendricks gin/mint/lemon/cucumber and rose petal jam concoction called Tea-Time Martini! Here's our trusty expert waiter in full flow. Having lost his cocktail strainer, he had to get a large colander from the kitchen, very resourceful of him. He shook, stirred and strained my decadent cocktail into a bone china teacup. "More tea please, Vicar?!"
After much deliberation, we chose what we'd like to eat for lunch and waited patiently at the bar. We were joined by a guy who'd come to pay his bill "May I say" he said "The sea bream was excellent, lovely and fresh and tasted delicious" Oh, change of heart because I much prefer to order by recommendation when it comes to trying something new on the menu so I ordered sea bream - again - the dish actually being 'Whole sea bran with garlic thyme and anchovies with butter beans, peas and mint" And very delicious it was too! I'm also now a fan of Hendrick's Gin, mmm! We followed this with a couple of scrummy desserts and dashed back to the Mill for a buffet, supper, drinks, soire with my neighbours. Drinks outside in the sunshine followed by a quick guided tour, a few nibbles and it was back to watch a dvd and snozzle time. I love weekends ;-) http://www.hendricksgin.com

No comments: