Friday 18 September 2009

I've found a new lunch place - Quayles!

Q has the best view ever! Hot giant butterfly garlic prawns, a delicious salad, glass of rose, people watching and listening to soft jazz - you just can't beat it! There's so much more eye candy in Tebury - woo hoo! Not 3 or 4, but 5 horse boxes, personalised plated 4x4s worth more than my flat, a vintage car made for 2, the girl in the pink coat and shoes, the guy with the pink and grey stripy blazor & cream chinos fit for Henley, and tractors galore all wizzing around the traffic island with somewhere to go! It's enough to make your head spin. Visitors, tourists, young, old, with dogs, without dogs and one or two scallywags! And last but not least, the best brownie I think I've ever tasted in my entire life and the cappuccino wasn't bad either. Too many wonderful experiences, it's hard to find fault with any of them. I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. This place is definitely now on my gastronomic map. I remember driving from home and it was a last minute decision, should I turn left or right.. mmm?! I'm so glad I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try a taste of something new. Suffice to say, I'd also written a list of ingredients for my first casserole for Autumn. I bought olives, sundried tomatoes stuffed with anchovies, a box of smelly cheese like Brie for Sunday evening and a well recommended bottle of their house red. Everyone was lovely and welcoming and I can't wait to go back for a second course.

No comments: