Friday 25 September 2009

Plymouth ho ho ho...

Wow, this marble runway was amazing and so much fun to watch. Press the button and just watch the marbles roll down the different paths, flip up in the air and.. yes, silly but fun ;-)
I was having one of my rare animal print days.. doesn't happen that often and thankfully for everyone I know, I usually restrict it to away days.. ;-)
The biggest and most brilliant marble runway with marbles the size of tennis balls. Great to watch but would drive you totally bonkers if you worked there because quiet, it ain't!
Here's the lovely Lisa who passed the emergency incident training course as I knew she would. I'm sure it was tough but she's a bright cookie and I know who I'd want around if I was involved in an incident.. !
What a great time we had in Plymouth. I took the train and my little loan lappy from work so i could work on the way down - fantastic idea. Arrived at the hotel around 6pm so we shared a bottle of wine and Lisa told me all about her course. We had a lovely time just chilling on Saturday morning then stopped off in Bovey Tracey at the Devon Guild of Craftsmen. I had joked to Lisa that we should go to the House of Marbles - only joking, well I was but when she saw the sign, she couldn't resist turning off to see what it was all about. Good decision.. and so much better than where we'd come from! The marble runways were amazing, you pressed the button and watched the marbles roll in different directions down the runways. There were a few small ones and the most enormous runway on the upper landing which was brilliant to watch and lots of fun. We drove back to Lisas, bought a delicious fish salad for supper and watched Ghost on tv... how's that for the best start to a chilled weekend ;-)

No comments: