Sunday 6 September 2009

Me and Walter...




I was in London for a press launch which I thought was at the V&A - wrong! So I had to scoot all across London using my favourite mode of transport, the tube, to get to Baker street. I just about made it half way through the presentation but was glad I did. I think the Quilt Show next year will be phenomenal so it's good to get ahead with some new stories. Then I went to meet Liz and we had a bit of a marathon tour. When the day was done I'd travelled by car, train, tube, bus and boat.. how's that for using public transport. Liz took me to see Walter Raleigh at Greenwich so i stood on the Greenwich Meridian line which divides he earth into the eastern and western hemispheres. WOW! There was also a great view of the Millennium Dome from that side of the river. We had a drink in the pub near J's and then had a quick supper in DimT's before I raced back to Paddington to get the train home. A very long day, as always when I'm in the city, but worth it.

No comments: