Monday 1 February 2010

BP and a mercy dash...

Phew.. me & Ginger have just returned from a mercy mission - we've taken her phone out for a drive! Everything needs charging up these days and our lunchtime trip to the Weighbridge just wasn't enough to bring it back to life so off we went on an adventure. I've wanted to know where the short cut goes and now I know - down a very steep, narrow lane where I won't be going again - ever! Indiana Ging is fearless and as her car is also bigger than mine, she's not afraid to lose it down one of the massive potholes that litter the lanes round here. We have taken her car to places it never expected to see just to charge her phone ;)

Imagine if you could charge your phone just by walking? You can charge a watch by the rocking movement of your wrist so surely someone could invent a similar device for phones. Pop it in your pocket and if you're a marathon runner, you may even generate enough to sell back to the National Grid! If we could generate our own electricity by how much we walked and exercised we'd all be a lot slimmer, fitter and better off. Imagine all those footballers with devices chipped into their ankles. Skiers could have them fixed on the bottom of their skis. If my car can recharge its battery every time I go out, surely the wanna be keep fit brigade could do the same. Saturday sport fixtures would take on a whole new meaning and the 2012 Olympics would generate enough power to keep us cosy until the end of the Century!

How about a solar panel fitted into the top of your hat? Or the top of my car? Imagine the things I could power just by the electricity I create by myself. BP.. butterscotch power ;) oh wishful thinking.. just off to put my cardi on x

No comments: