Friday 30 April 2010

Chickens..

Are red with feathers; they make a noise that rhymes with duck; ducks live on water and fish swim around them.. which is the perfect link to what I had for dinner tonight! Well, there was an abundance of wonderfully meaty-looking sea bass eyeing me up on the Sainsbury's fish counter this evening. It took me less than a second to decide that the biggest one was coming home with me. Sainsbury's does bug me because everything is priced 3 for 2, buy one get one half price and all that malarky. What use is that to me?! So I hesitated for one milli-second at spending £4:50, which is a little more pricey than Morrisons but decided to buy one, even though they were promoting two for £7.. why would I need two sea bass? Freezing on defeats the purpose of me buying fresh fish and eating sea bass two nights in a row is a bit excessive, even for me. So back to my gorgeous fish.. which I lightly baked in the oven and served with a delicate veggie mash. I boiled chunks of potato, butternut squash and celeriac, drained and mashed them adding some shaved parmesan on the top. A teaspoon of tasty tartare sauce, some light seasoning and hey presto, a delicious, healthy supper.

Better not talk about the three amazingly, yummy Thorntons millionares shortbread chunks that I've munched for pud ;)) with coffee

No comments: