Sunday 25 April 2010

Over the rainbow.. ;)

Today has been another fun packed day with a delicious lunch at the Village Inn in Barnsley. The service wasn't too hot but the food was lovely. Ginger had scallops with lentils and I had chicken livers, chickory, leaves, small sautéed potatoes and the tastiest black pudding I've ever had in my life. The pub was busy with lots of fascinators vying for space, it was like a peacocks parade at one stage at the bar. There was obviously a wedding in the village!
The closest and prettiest place near Barnsley is Bibury. Very touristy but reasonable quiet today apart from a coach load of Japanese and a few special people who must come every Sunday afternoon to sit and eat ice-creams in their cars whilst they watch the locals - us - take silly photos! No trip with Ginger is complete without a few daft pics, a mile hike to who knows where and all in my 'Dorothy' shoes! Today's route march consisted of a climb up the hill through the woods, through a field as we ended up at the back of Bibury Court Hotel. No Ginger, you don't live there.. !


No photograph is complete without it being "Hamerized!" Who is this person who keeps popping up in my pics...?!

"Look Mom" my red patent "Dorothy" shoes have come out on yet another Ginger adventure!

"There's nothing nicer than being close to nature" - he he.. I don't think anyone would ever mistake me for a tree-hugger.. but, somehow it felt right at the time. The world is a wonderful, crazy place with Ginger in it!

No comments: