Thursday 10 June 2010

Thinking about friends..

Dinner with KN, the chip monster, is always entertaining. He always has a story to tell and I've missed his little tales. We met at the Winchcombe sausage pub and spent the evening putting the world to rights and catching up on our busy lives. He makes me smile and has now turned into the sausage and mash monster!

I love my friends. I find I think about them a lot more than I ever get chance to see them. It's the lovely part of having such great friends that I can connect with them when i haven't seen them for a long while. Those are the true friendships that are meant to last. Friends who count the days and punish you for every day you've not been in touch are not true friends. The ones that really count will love you whether you spoke to them yesterday or this time last year. As KN says, life is about timing. Some people come into my life and scuttle out again. Others stick around just to annoy me, then leave. The special ones come into my life for a reason. Hopefully, they'll be sticking around for a long time to come. After all, friends are the family you choose for yourself :)

No comments: