Friday 25 June 2010

When in Rome...

Naturally, do what the Romans do! Eat, drink and be merry ;) It's just after 8pm here and we're basking in glorious Italian sunshine. We left Cortona early morning and caught the train to Rome. An uneventful trip. We dumped our bags at the hotel very close to the station and set out to explore Rome. I've had an amazing day. We had lunch, a delicious antipasti meal with Prosecco then got on the tour bus. We've been to every important momument in this beautiful city. The plan was to get off at Vatican City and have a wander around St Peter's. Nothing can prepare you for the sheer scale of St Peter's. It's a magnificent sight inside. It really did take my breath away. I just wish I'd not forgotton my camera charger on this trip! I sat on the bus as we drove away from Vatican City and realised how much I've missed flying out of the country this year. I hadn't realised until this moment. I have vowed to read up more about this beautiful city and of course, return.
ps hello to everyone who knows me :) love you all xx

No comments: