Sunday 20 June 2010

Italy



Girls on Tour!
Have you ever been to Rome? Have you wandered the streets, walked around a corner & discovered the magnificent Trevi fountain? It's an amazing sight! It feels as if someone decided they wanted something a little more exciting than a balcony or a patio on the front of their Roman villa & when someone suggested a fountain, they thought, Yeah, but lets not mess about, i dont want no ordinary Tom, Dick or Harry fountain! I want the fountain of all fountains!! Nothing can prepare you for the imense size of this amazing piece of architecture. As a statue, it would be incredible. As a fountain, it's unbelievable!
I'm away on an adventure in Italy. Flying into Rome then taking the Firenze train down to Cortona. It's a 3hr journey & you are in no doubt that you're in Italy. The trees, the hillside towns, the red roofs, the blue sky mean we're in Tuscany.
We left Rome in glorious sunshine & althogh it was sunny when we arrived, the clouds gathered & it wasn't long before the heavens opened & it began to rain. No matter though because some of us bought crafting goodies to play with! I'm cutting pretty letters from patterned paper, Ginger is making felt flower cards & Gwyneth is doing a card kit.

We're staying in part of an enormous old farmhouse. It's set in gorgeous Italian countryside overlooking the hillside town of Cortona. I'm the lucky one with the double bed all to myself! It's very homely, typically Italian & makes a great base for us girls on tour.
Last night we went to the supermarket to purchase local fare & dined on fresh pasta carbonara, fresh fruit custard tart & peach bellinnis! Oh how we suffer!!

Today is Father's Day, I'm in Italy, moms at home & dads in hospital. Did your geography teacher ever teach you about love? Me thinks not & you know why? Because Love has nothing to do with geography. Before I left for Italy I made my wonderful dad a card to let him know I'm thinking about him today & remind him how much I love him every day.

"Get well soon dad & I'll see you when I get home :)"

Me & Ginger are crafting whilst the other 3 are watching a film. It's pouring down outsidec so we cancelled our trip this afternoon to Cortona. It will still be there tomorrow when the sun has returned!        

No comments: