Monday 15 August 2011

What waits for you at the end of the day...?

A nice hug? A hot bath? Or a slobbering pouch? After 10 long hours in the office I was in no mood to cook or skip a meal. The beauty of having a reasonably long drive home is that I can spend the time deliberating and tonight my ponderings focussed on what to have for supper. I thought about pasta but wasn't moved by the idea. I thought about smoked haddock but I had that last week. I thought about salad but it's a chilly evening so that idea went down like a limp lettuce leaf. Then quite out of the blue the thought of a tasty, spiced Indian chicken korma popped into my head. Mmm, great idea. As soon as I got into town, I parked and went into my friendly Indian to buy myself a take-away. It is indeed one of the best take-aways I've ever tasted. I'm not sure cashew nuts are a traditional ingredient in a chicken korma but they were very welcome. I know it's unhealthy but if food is the fuel of the soul, then my sweet soul is satisfied and I'm very happy fish tonight :) xx xx

No comments: