Saturday 20 August 2011

What's the best thing about being on holiday?

Nothing... ! Today is DAY ONE of my holiday and I'm euphoric. I'm going to enjoy every single minute and make sure that I spend some time actually doing nothing at all! Just being able to enjoy living where I do and being at home is a pleasure that I rarely get time to fully appreciate. It's the little things that count the most. Like starting the day in Hobbs with toast. Two slices of bread made without yeast, which tasted amazing. I can count the number of times I've had toast in the past 4 years on one hand. Topped with gooseberry conserve, it tasted like food from the Gods! What more can a girl ask for on a Saturday morning.
I'm at home now, sitting looking out of my window. It's raining, which makes me feel glad I didn't stay too long in town. I walked back up the hill in the sunshine, wey hey. I'm now watching the sand martins dart across the surface of the lake. There must be between 40 and 60 of them out catching the summer bugs and they look like little white arrows. Their bellies are very white and they have relatively small wings and tiny pointed tails. Fun to watch though. The cygnets in comparison aren't quick at all. They move in a very clumbsy way and just like in the fairy story, are quite ugly and look more like prehistoric birds than the graceful swan they're going to grow up to be. They're so large now that they're allowed out without mummy and daddy, who are most likely resting somewhere within range of their youngsters.
It's lovely to be at home and on holiday :) xx xx

No comments: