Friday 27 July 2007

Here's a question...

'What's real in your life now and what's just a passing phase?' In the current climate with all this rain, floods, no water, no washing machine and other randomness, it seems a good question to ask. Distinguishing what's real at the moment when one of my daily chores is to pop to the bowser to collect water, aint easy. Life always surprises me, as do people. I am reminded that my new year's resolution is always the same; to surprise myself and others! There are sometimes bad surprises though. To put them into context and get my priorities right when my surroundings seem transient, is certainly one heck of a challenge. Like the pins of a lock that need to fall into place before a key will turn, life seems to run fairly smoothly when you have the right key. Right key, right lock, that's real.

I just did a nerdy thing and looked up the principles of a pin tumbler lock! Problem is, I actually found it interesting! Like a penny dropping, I know I use things every single day and I have no idea how they work. Hey ho... now at least I know the answer to one pub quiz question! If you can't last the weekend without knowing, here's the link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pin_tumbler_lock

No comments: