Saturday 25 August 2007

Mad as frogs...

This recycling lark means you get to meet all kinds of fruitcakes, some nutty ones, some flaky ones and others who are as colourful as a bag of hundreds and thousands! Bags of wool for the girl who knits blankets for vets and who could talk for England! The young couple who were only too delighted to swop their single mattress for a double one. Can't imagine why?! The sight of them trying to squeeze it into the back of their ford fiesta was a sight to be seen. The young couple (he certainly was a dish!) who came to fetch my old tv. If I ever decide to upgrade my current tv then I have his number, woo hoo! The family, I'm sure there were a dozen kids in the back of their very spacious people carrier. They managed to fit a cupbard in the back too though and reverse into my rocks. Ouch, I did warn them! The couple from Nailsworth who carefully packed my 3 IKEA wardrobes into the back of their landrover. Apparently just as they got down the lane and were unpacking the back because the stuff was rattling around too much, the heaven's opened. He emailed to say the wardrobes were drying in his garage!

I wonder... if I remove all that weight from my corner of the world, and distribute it elsewhere, does it have an effect on the planet?

No comments: