Monday 26 November 2007

City girl...

What a busy weekend! Slipped down the stairs on Friday and I think I've broken my toe... hurt like hell on Friday night! Saturday I was determined to drive to London to see Liz. I only managed to hobble from the taxi into a chinese restaurant for lunch in Islington, then got the tube and a bus home. Wow... a bus... that's a first for quite a number of years...! Had a lovely long sleep on her sofa, Liz is very hospitable and it was lovely to stay with her. Her sofa is very comfy and the apartment is fab! Sunday was for a lazy start and the real test.. could I get around London? I wanted to walk across the Millenium bridge across the Thames... We walked from Oxford Street all the way down to the Thames, through Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, past Big Ben, the London Eye, the Oxo tower, St Paul's and across the Millenium bridge. The walk was amazing and it was fantastic to see so many sights, all within an hour of the apartment. I'd love to visit Tate Modern next time I get the chance to walk across the bridge... !

No comments: