Saturday 21 November 2009

Happy 140th.. !


It's a rare occasion when we manage to get our ever-expanding family together but we almost managed it this week. We were celebrating the joint birthday's of my dad and lickle sib, Marie. Not to mention the birth of Jo & Dan's baby, Violet and Lois's 4th birthday, all within the same week in November. It was great to see everyone after what has been a rather eventful year! Dad, I love you. Every time you stand up to give a speech, we discover something new ;-) You make us laugh and you're right, it's not about the presents (lovely as they are), it's not about the cards, even the homemade ones ;-), it's not even about the lovely meal - it's about the wonderful people we have in our family. It's about the smiles, the laughter, the tears and the love that we share. As our family grows in size, so does our ability to share more memories and lots of adventures together. Long may that continue... As my lickle brother said, we're so proud of you and mom and everything you've achieved because without you both - we wouldn't be here! My lovely lickle sib became a granny this week, he he. I love you siblings. My wonderful lickle brother is already a grandad, (TWICE OVER!) with another little one on the way. I thank my children for not elevating me to that status yet. One thing is certain, I won't be looking like a granny for a very long time to come with my new brunette bob.... !

No comments: