Wednesday 4 November 2009

Sausage and wine...


Sounds like a Cliff Richard record ;-) Happy, happy, happy...I had a lovely evening at a new place; Sausage & Wine, as it's affectionately know, or the White Hart in Winchcombe for those of us who have never been before. Invited there by KN, who was looking all the more gorgeous for leaving his hair to grow just ever so slightly and, dare I say it, for putting on a few pounds. Why do men always want to be shaven so shaun as to resemble the proverbial sheep? And, is it just me that fancies them even more when they're not as skinny as a stick?! OK, KN is not only good looking but also very fit, being the most enthusiastic gym junkie that I know. And, nice with it! We had lots of laughs and a thoroughly good evening and guess what... not a chip in sight! Myself and KN put the world to rights and shared stories about what we'd both been up to during the past few months. I'd been to Edinburgh, London and Derbyshire - he'd been on a cruise visiting places such as Rome, Genoa and North Africa! I have never spent a lot of time in Winchcombe however, I do have fond memories of visiting Sudeley. It was years ago when I was Editor on Needlework magazine. I wrote a feature on their needlework and lace exhibition to go in the magazine. I've been back since but it was a long while ago. I feel I've made a welcome return to dearest Winchcombe which is, after all, a lovely location. I will return ;-)

No comments: