Wednesday 27 October 2010

My anti-bucket list of 100 things I don't want to do...

And you ask, why would I write a list of things I don't want to do. Because one way or another, it makes me think of things that I would love to do. There's always a balance of equals and opposites and ruling out the horrors that don't interest me or frighten me witless, will help me think about what I really want to do. When someone asked me this week "If you could ask one question, have one thing, what would it be?" I was dumbfounded. My life feels great but it's often too local, too day-to-day. Other people dictate what happens in my life and there's not enough 'it's out there' thinking. Most of us live our lives that way until we encounter someone who lives their life the other way.
I like people who challenge my thinking. People often say they don't know where the last week, month, year has gone and you know why they say that...? It's because they have forgotten to create those milestones and special memories along the way that make every second count.
So what's first on my list of things that I don't want to do... that would have to be bungee jumping! The thought scares me silly and I really don't trust elastic that much. Remember when for no apparent reason your knicker elastic went slack.. mmm see, what I mean!
So here's the start of my top 100 wish list of things I want to do...
Snorkel the great barrier reef
Learn to dance
Walk the great wall of china
Explore and map my family tree
Visit Disneyland
Write a book
Take 3 month sabbatical and do something with it (vague I know!)
Go on a cookery course
Ride a gondola in Venice
Have a new career
Walk the length of Brooklyn bridge
Go to an opera in Verona
Put all my music on an ipod
Spend a month on a painting course abroad
Be a grandmother
See the Northern Lights
Visit the Taj Mahal, India
See the cherry blossom in Japan
Live a year in Provence
Learn how to cook an Indian meal from scratch
and more...

No comments: