Sunday 1 June 2008

Couldn't see the wood for the trees...!


That could only mean one place... Westonbirt! It's such a great place for a walk and a bite to eat. The sun shone on the happy couple getting married there and me, mum and dad managed to catch the best of the sunshine before heading back home.

The rhododendrons were past their best really but still managed to give us a show worthy of a photo. We always seem to catch the trees just before they bloom, or just after!

"Here's looking at you sunshine!"

A father and daughter moment... x

Do you believe in coincidences..? We'd just sat down outside the restaurant when I spotted him.. mr f - a blast from the past! I leapt up and accosted him with a "It is you, isn't it?!"... and sure enough, he recognised me straight away and gave me a great big hug. Strangely enough, I'd recently mentioned his name at work and thought of getting back in touch. We're old Origin work colleagues and yes, he has a lovely wife and four children under 5 (yes, another one of those!) and he's a lovely guy too. He introduced me to his lovely children and his friend, who he promptly tried to fix me up with - he always did do that - his first words to me in the restaurant were - "Here on your own? no man in your life.. yet?!" Okay cupid, your next challenge is... it doesn't get any easier...

Good friends never go far, do they? x

No comments: